Thursday, August 6, 2009

Phone # 2



Was a VX 5200. Decent phone. Yet another hand-me-down. Horrible, but working camera, no song-type ringtones and limited resolution. I did however have unlimited text and pix by this point... which felt like a lifesaver with only 800 minutes a month for the whole family.

This was, by far, the most abused phone I have owned to date.
This little beauty was:

-Carried in the bottom of a back pack at camp for a week.
-Filled with Caramel/Chocolate from my pocket, (given to me by a preschooler.)
-Dropped out my pocket at least twice a day.
-Dropped out my car window... while driving.
...and amazingly...
-Put through the washer AND dryer... and it still worked!! (after a week of drying that is.)

In the end, though it survived the antics of a teenager, it was no match for a tiny kindergarten girl.
I was running with my little brother in his school's fun run when, par usual, my phone dropped from my pocket and landed open, sitting like an upside-down V. I turned to pick it up--- but just as I was reaching, about 8 inches from it, a little girl ran past- stepping on it, POP.
The top half went left and the bottom right, all while the little girl was saying, "sorry sorry!" and ran on.

Miraculously it still called from the bottom half, and the person on the other end could hear you, but you couldn't hear them because the earpiece was... elsewhere. That and you couldn't SEE who you were calling because the screen was on the top half.

So, this ended the saga of adventures for the poor, oppressed gadget.

No comments:

Post a Comment